Lend a Paw, help the pets!
There are many ways and times you can help the PAW Team. We need volunteers to help with pre-clinic set up, on clinic days, with post-clinic wrap up, data entry, events, communication, outreach and fundraising.
Eat, drink and support PAW Team! The Oregon Public House has chosen PAW Team as a participant in their charities program. You can help by volunteering to wait tables for a four-hour shift, or select PAW Team as a beneficiary when you come to OPH to dine. Learn more about it here!
OPH Volunteer shifts:
April: Every Saturday 4:00 to 8:00 pm
May: Every Tuesday 4:00 to 8:00 pm
June: Every Friday 4:00 to 8:00 pm
view our facility, event, and outreach clinics
VOLUNTEER AT CLINICS
Next clinic: June 11, 2016
Beginning February 2016, our clinics are generally held on the second Saturday of every month. We have teams of volunteers, with different shifts for each team.
Medical Volunteers (Vets, CVTs, VAs, vet students)
- Medical Team (Veterinarians, CVTs, VAs, Students): 9:45 a.m. for briefing; start seeing patients at 10:00 a.m. We have two shifts, morning and afternoon.
- Veterinarians: Perform basic pet health exams, vaccinate, administer medications, perform minor procedures (skin scrapings, wound/hot spot clean-up, ear cleaning, blood draw, etc). Complete medical records and vaccination paperwork.
- Vet Techs and Vet Assistants: Assist veterinarians as requested (ideally there will be 1 CVT and 1 assistant at each vet table; must have appropriate experience).
There are many ways to help out at clinics! We need client Guides, registration help, pet supply assistance, care and comfort, etc.
- Non-Medical Team: Arrive at 9:00 a.m. Various tasks - please see specific job listings below. Orientation at 9:00 a.m.
Families and younger volunteers
We welcome families and younger volunteers! You must be 16 or older to volunteer by yourself; 10 to 15 and younger must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Please indicate on your Event Sign up if you have younger volunteers in your group.
Volunteering as a Group
If you are interested in volunteering as a group please contact Christine at 503-975-6431 or at email@example.com.
- Photographer: Take photos of clients and their pets and activities at our clinics or other events for use in Social Media, website, outreach and presentations. This is an active, indoor and outdoor position.
- Videographer: Take footage of clients and their pets and create promo videos and presentations. This is an active position.
- Social Media/story writer: Like to write and tell great stories? Keep our FaceBook and Twitter followers up to date by posting photos and stories of our clients, their pets, our volunteers, and our work. This position may be done off-site.
WORK AT A BOOTH AT OUTREACH AND COMMUNITY EVENTS
PAW Team sets up a booth at a number of fun festivals and community events around Portland throughout the year, such as Doggie Dash, Oktoberfest, Pet Spooktacular, Last Thursday, Doggie Palooza, Stand Down Veterans' Outreach and others. Volunteers get free admission, and a chance to talk with fellow Portland pet-lovers about PAW Team.
PET SUPPLIES DONATIONS PICK-UP
Pick up donated pet care supplies from local vet clinics and businesses, and drop off at the PAW Team clinic building. Must have car and valid driver’s license.
Assist in transporting pets to/from clinics or to/from the County Shelter or other locations for spay/neuter surgery. Must have car and valid driver’s license. Coordinate with the Front Desk for information.
HOLD A PAW TEAM FUNDRAISER OR CREATE YOUR OWN ACTIVITY!
If you are a club or group or classroom looking for a volunteer activity, we have some suggestions for independent PAW Team fundraising activities, such as a car wash, a doggie wash, a pet treat bake sale, recycling round-up, and creating “PAW Team Pet Presents” holiday gifts. Or come up with your own ideas for a unique and fun event! You can also help by creating educational posters or flyers for our clinic, or making a photo wall or web video by talking to people at our clinics about their pets and experiences. We’ll post your creations to our website and display them at our clinics and events!